Remote Desktop Connection
In order to access a desktop remotely, the desktop computer must be powered on and you must know the name of the computer. You must also be connected to the internet and VPN.
Finding the name of your desktop computer
- Click the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and type This PC.
- Hover your cursor over This PC then right-click.
- In the third section, next to Computer name, write down the series of letters and number including the dashes.
Remotely Connect to a Desktop
- Click the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and type remote desktop connection.
- Enter the computer name in the computer field.
- Click Connect.
- A virtual version of your desktop will appear.