IT Help Desk Support
The IT Help Desk will evaluate every request that is initiated.
The priority is assigned to a request depending upon:
- Critical business systems
- The Impact on the University: size, scope and complexity of the Incident
- The Urgency to the University: time within which resolution is required
A lower priority will be assigned if a workaround exists.
KSU owned off-site equipment must be brought into the office for technical assistance.
Desktop services for KSU owned computers include and are limited to:
- Installation of hardware
- Installation and configuration of the following software:
- Operating system
- KSU standard software
- Installation of hardware and software upgrades
- Configuration of network connectivity (including email and network printers)
- Securing against viruses
- Debugging and repairing hardware and operating system problems
- Debugging and providing consultation for KSU standard software
- Assisting with system optimization
- Ensuring that KSU computing policies are followed
Desktop support does not backup and recover data stored on the computer hard drives. All data must be stored on University approved network storage. For more information regarding this backup policy, please refer to the IT Data Policy.
Regarding personally owned equipment:
Information Technology does not work on personally owned equipment.
In order to provide timely and reliable service, the first point of contact for all technical assistance must be made to the IT Help Desk. To contact the IT Help Desk submit a service request at www.kysu.edu/helpdesk, call the Help Desk at (502) 597-7000 or send an email to email@example.com.