Board of Regents
The Kentucky State University Board of Regents is the governing body of Kentucky State University. The Board normally consists of 11 members. However, due to a temporary vacancy, the Board currently consists of 10 members, including a staff representative, student representative, faculty representative, and seven Governor-appointed members (see KRS 164.321 here).
The Student Government Association President serves as the Student Regent for a one-year term and is then re-elected or replaced by his/her successor.
The Staff and Faculty Regents serve three-year terms and until their successors are elected and qualified.
There are five standing Board committees: Executive Committee, Academic Affairs Committee, Finance & Audit Committee, Investment & Advancement Committee, and Student Engagement & Campus Life Committee. The current members of the Board of Regents are:
- Ms. Tammi Dukes, Chair (2027)
- Mr. Michael Adams, Jr., Vice Chair (2024)
- Mr. Edward Fields (2022), Staff Regent (re-elected in 2023; will serve until 2026)
- Dr. Ernie Fletcher (2023)
- Mr. Edward Hatchett, Esq. (2025)
- Mr. Jason Moseley (2026)
- Dr. Charles Moyer (2027)
- Mr. Robert Ramsey, Sr. (2028)
- Dr. Herman Walston, Faculty Regent (re-elected in 2022; will serve until 2025)
- Mr. Savion Briggs (2023), Student Regent (re-elected in 2023; will serve until 2024)