IT Help Desk Hours of operation are normal business hours from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All KSU staff holidays and school closures are observed.
In order to provide timely and reliable service, the first point of contact for all technical assistance must be made to the IT Help Desk. To contact the IT Help Desk, submit a service request (on-campus), call the Help Desk at (502) 597-7000 or send an email to email@example.com.
Please provide as much detail as possible in your request.
Service Prioritization Model and Escalation Resolution Procedure
Service Prioritization Model
The IT Help Desk will evaluate every request that is initiated. The priority is assigned to a request depending upon:
- Critical business systems.
- The Impact on the university: size, scope and complexity of the incident.
- The Urgency to the university: time within which resolution is required.
- Availability of staff resources.
- Availability of required resources.
A lower priority will be assigned if a workaround exists.
Escalation Resolution Procedure
If an incident or request is not resolved within the time-frame described or if a satisfactory resolution is not provided within a reasonable time-frame, the incident or request can be escalated by contacting:
- Help Desk (inquire about the problem and report that no contact has been made)
- Chief Information Officer
Client Responsibility and Requirements
Client responsibility and/or requirements in support of this agreement include:
- Adhering to IT policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide detailed information as outlined in this document when making service requests.
- Make every effort to be available to communicate with IT representatives if required.
- Read and adhere to announcements and communications made from Information Technology.
- Notify the IT Help Desk as soon as you know in advance of any required assistance needed.
- Exercise patience by understanding the volume of requests that IT receives each day and the rationale for assessing service priorities.
- Banner System Support
- Classroom Learning Support
- Desktop Support
- IT Service Desk
- Media Services
- Systems & Network