To be admitted to Kentucky State University you must submit the following:
* ACT/SAT Scores are not required for admission to the University. However, test scores are reviewed to determine placement and scholarship eligibility.
- Official High School Transcript with Cumulative/Unweighted 2.5 GPA and courses listed
- Optional: Official ACT/SAT test scores: 18 ACT Composite. 960 or higher on SAT
- Submit an online admissions application.
The Excel Program
Kentucky State University’s Excel Program is designed to provide First-time Freshman students with an opportunity to attend and matriculate through a four year institution despite not meeting traditional admissions requirements. Excel Students are afforded the opportunity to earn both their Associate’s and Bachelor’s Degrees by successfully completing 60 hours (two years) and receiving their Associate’s Degree and continuing to complete their remaining 60 hours (two years) and receive their Bachelor’s degree . Students admitted to the Excel Program have been identified as meeting the secondary minimum admissions standards for public four year institutions set forth by the Council on Postsecondary Education (Minimum unweighted GPA of 2.0 – 2.49 on a 4pt scale).
Excel Program Participants will be provided with additional academic support and resources to assist with their transition to the University and overall student success. The following action items are required for participation:
- Enter into a learning contract
- Participate in weekly meetings and workshops relative to a holistic approach to student success
- Weekly tutoring sessions
- Mentor check-ins
** Excel Program Participants are not permitted to participate in any University Athletic Sports until they have earned their Associate’s Degree.
Kentucky State University, an equal-opportunity institution, does not discriminate in its admissions policies on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, disability, age, or national origin.
Responses on the applications and on related materials must be complete and accurate; entrance may be denied or registration canceled as a result of false or misleading statements.