Admitted Students - New Student Checklist
Congratulations on being accepted to Kentucky State University! These are the next steps you need to prepare for your enrollment at KSU. All students must complete the following requirements in order to begin courses at KSU.
- Complete the Intent to Enroll form to confirm your enrollment at KSU.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All students applying for financial aid or scholarships need to complete the FAFSA.
- Print, complete, and submit mandatory student forms (Records Release, Directory Withhold, and Immunization). Submit via email, fax or mail.
- Indicate your housing preference. Complete housing application and submit housing deposit if you intend to live on campus. As a residential institution committed to student development, KSU requires every full-time freshman and sophomore to live on campus with the following exceptions: students who are veterans of at least two years of active military service; students who commute from the home of parents or legal guardian; students who are married; or students of 21 years of age and older. If you meet any of the exemption requirements you must complete the Off Campus Appeal Form. If you plan to commute from the home of your parents or legal guardian, you must also complete the Guardian’s Address Verification Form.
- Register for New Student Orientation (NSO) and submit NSO Fee of $250.00. All new First Time in College and Transfer students at Kentucky State University are required to participate and complete a student orientation.
- Prepare for the KYOTE Math Placement Exam (for students with ACT Score of 18 or less or SAT Score of 960 or less).
- Attend New Student Orientation to register for your classes and complete other important registration steps.
- Participate in BRED Week to complete the registration process, move into your residential hall, and experience the greatness of KSU!