General Information Technology Frequently Asked Questions
KSU encourages all current student, faculty and staff to sign up for the KSU Alert system.
- Sign up for the KSU alert.
- If you are unable to sign up, you may contact the IT Help Desk online at www.kysu.edu/helpdesk (on campus only), through email at firstname.lastname@example.org (24×7, response within 1 business day) or by calling (502) 597-7000 (8:00 am – 4:30 pm M-F). Provide the Help Desk with your name, phone number and cell phone provider (AT&T, Verizon, etc.). We will be glad to assist you.
Choose send to OneNote, this will allow your document to be saved to OneNote, save your document and print from another computer.
Consequences of inappropriate use of student email may include, but are not limited to:
- loss of computer privileges, and
- school suspension.
Your school email address is in the form: [firstname].[lastname]@kysu.edu For example, if your name is John Smith and your email address would be John.Smith@kysu.edu.
The IT Help Desk does not support personal computers/laptops, cell phones or other technical devices.
The IT Help Desk will provide assistance in connecting your personal device to the Internet.
- Click here for instructions on enrolling in the password recovery tool to reset your own password.
No. There are many hackers and spammers trying to get your username and password in order to acquire information. If you receive an email asking for this information, DO NOT give this information out.
Note: Information Technology at KSU will NEVER request passwords or other personal information via. Messages requesting such information are fraudulent and should be deleted.
The IT Help Desk will evaluate every request that is initiated. The priority is assigned to a request depending upon:
- Critical business systems
- The Impact on the university: size, scope and complexity of the Incident
- The Urgency to the university: time within which resolution is required
A lower priority will be assigned if a workaround exists.
KSU owned off-site equipment must be brought into the office for technical assistance.
The KSU HelpDesk is for faculty, staff & students who may require assistance.
In order to provide timely and reliable service, the point of contact for all technical assistance is the IT Help Desk. To request help, fill out a helpdesk ticket (on-campus) at www.kysu.edu/helpdesk, call the Help Desk at (502) 587-7000 (7000 on-campus) or send an email to email@example.com.