LEAGUE TWENTY-FOUR: Presidential Gold Ambassadors
Kentucky State University's League 24 is an elite student ambassador group that embodies the University’s motto: “In All Things Excellence.” In this society, the number “24” is representative of 24-karat Gold, speaking to the excellence these ambassadors are expected to embody and the exclusive nature of the selection process. The purpose is to provide an extra measure of hospitality at KSU, making visitors feel they have had a truly exceptional BRED experience. These Presidential Gold Ambassadors stand upon a foundation of knowledge, success, and utilitarianism. Additionally, these exemplary students would work closely with those interested in promoting KSU, including the Office of the President, the BREDS Office, the Office of Alumni Affairs, the Office of Athletics, and official university events.
League 24 is the official student ambassador group of Kentucky State University. Through service to KSU, we are responsible for preserving traditions, striving for success, and making the spirit of Excellence contagious. It is the role of a Presidential Gold Ambassador is not only to promote KSU's spirit of hospitality to guests, but also inspire the student body to strive for the sense of excellence that KSU as a University reaches toward. As a diverse student group, we work with each other and KSU officials to extend the spirit of “the school on the hill” to others so they, too, can understand how to achieve excellence in all things.
The selection of new Presidential Gold Ambassadors occurs in three parts: (1) Timely submission of a sealed and completed application with references, class schedule, unofficial academic transcript, and photo; (2) first-round interview for all applicants with a panel consisting of three to four members of the University faculty, staff, and administration; and (3) a second-round interview for selected applicants with the League 24 Advisory Council and additional appointed individuals. New Presidential Gold Ambassadors are competitively selected based on their performance in all levels of the selection process. Each Spring, students are selected to serve for the school year. Applications will be made available to interested applicants.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Full-Time enrollment as a student for the subsequent academic year.
- Ability to devote at least thirty (30) hours each semester to assignment obligations.
- Ability to attend the mandatory League 24 Training Retreat.
- Desire to learn all facets of KSU and remain updated on current events and progressive changes concerning the University community.
- Student Conduct Clearance.
- Willingness to learn the BREDS Office Campus Tour, and to present it in a professional manner to prospective students, their parents, and campus visitors.
- Excellent oral communication skills and poise while interacting with diverse groups.
If you are interested in applying to become a Presidential Gold Ambassador, please take note of the following dates and deadlines:
March 17, 2021 – Informational
March 22, 2021 – Application Deadline
March 24, 2021 – First Round Interviews
March 25, 2021 – Second Round Interviews
March 30, 2021 – League 24 Induction, Class of 2021-2022