Veteran and Military Student Affairs
Kentucky State University has a long history of providing high-quality, military friendly, accredited programs and exceptional delivery of services to veterans, active duty service members, reserve/guard, military dependents, and their families. At KSU, we strive to be more than just military and veteran friendly. Our goal is to be Military Ready and committed to helping you succeed. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Veterans and Military Student Affairs at (502) 597-6795.
VMSA - Mission Statement
Guided by the University's vision and mission, as well as the knowledge that Veterans offer a unique academic and social perspective to the University, the mission of the Office of Veterans & Military Student Affairs at Kentucky State University is to support all current and former members of the United States Armed Forces and their families by providing exceptional programming, delivery of services, and advocacy in attaining their educational goals and reaching their highest potential, both in the classroom and beyond.
Kentucky State University has a long history of providing high-quality, accredited programs and exceptional delivery of services to veterans, active duty service members, and military dependents.
KSU is dedicated to providing a community experience that leverages the expertise and resources across the campus in support of service members, veterans, and their family members. The KSU Thorobred Community is committed and ready to work with military students toward student success and graduation.
Here are some of the support services that sets KSU apart in helping you achieve your educational goals:
- KSU will offer active service members approved for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) the per credit hour rate consistent with the Department of Defense (DoD) semester hour cap. DoD has directed a uniform per semester hour cap of $250 for tuition assistance (TA) and an annual ceiling of $4.500.
- No application fee for undergraduate veterans, active duty service members, or military dependents
- Maximum credit hours for military experience
- Priority registration and book vouchers upon request
- Dedicated Veteran and Active Duty Supplemental Academic Advisor
- School Certifying Official to ensure federal entitlement is received ASAP
- Military-helpful withdrawal and readmission policy
Office of Veterans and Military Student Affairs
Julian M. Carroll
Academic Services Building
104 University Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
Dr. John Gregory
Phone: (502) 597-6795