School of Education and Human Development Strategic Plan
- Commitment to Learn – We believe that abilities and achievements grow through willingness, effort, experience, and persistence.
- Collaboration – We believe that creative ideas and effective solutions stem from openness, partnership, and community.
- Cultural Competence – We fully appreciate our own cultural roots and we believe that understanding and valuing the cultures of others leads to authentic connections and relationships.
- Social Justice – We believe that equitable access to resources and opportunities is the key to personal growth, professional accomplishments, and systemic change.
- Health and Wellness – We believe that excellence comes from enjoying what we do and striving for balance in body, mind, and spirit.
As the first public institution of higher education to prepare African American teachers in Kentucky, the School of Education and Human Development is grounded in history, theory, and research. Building on our proud legacy, we now form a diverse, supportive community that promotes cultural competence, provides access to resources, creates opportunities for meaningful learning, engages in effective problem solving, and activates positive system change for all.
The School of Education and Human Development collaborates with partners to offer educational opportunities through which individuals from myriad cultures learn together in community and grow into culturally competent, highly skilled, professional leaders in a global society.
- Goal 1: Collaborate with partners to create and implement a dynamic strategic plan to transition School of Education programs into programs of distinction.
- Goal 2: Collaborate with partners to improve student recruitment and enrollment.
- Goal 3: Collaborate with partners to increase student retention and graduation.
- Goal 4: Collaborate with partners to improve academic excellence, career readiness, and successful employment.
- Goal 5: Strengthen alumni relations.
- Goal 6: Serve as a learning development resource.