Kentucky State University Transfer Requirements
Students wishing to transfer to Kentucky State University must meet the following criteria:
*Due to COVID-19, ACT/SAT Scores are not required for admission to the University. However, test scores are reviewed to determine scholarship eligibility.
Transfer students who have earned 24 or more college-level transferable credit hours must:
- Have a minimum cumulative college level GPA of 2.0 from a regionally accredited institution.
- Submit official transcript(s) from each college or universities that have been attended.
Transfer students who have earned less than 24 college-level transferable credit hours must:
- Meet the same requirements as the first time freshman and have a cumulative 2.0 GPA on college level transferable coursework completed from a regionally accredited institution
- Freshman requirements:
- Unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater
- Minimum ACT Composite of 18 or Minimum SAT Total Score of 960
- Be eligible to return to the institution from which they are transferring, good academic standing.
- Submit an official transcript(s) from all the universities/colleges that have been attended.
- Submit an official final high school transcript with the graduation date posted.
- Submit official ACT and or SAT scores
Note: Transcripts are only considered official when received in the school’s sealed envelope in person or by mail or electronically via eScrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, or Parchment. Test scores must be received directly from the testing center to be considered official.