JCTC-2-KSU Pathway Scholarship
Jefferson Community & Technical College Pathways
Kentucky State University (KSU) and Jefferson Community & Technical College (JCTC) have partnered to reduce financial barriers for Kentucky students to complete a four-year degree. The JCTC-2-KSU Pathway Scholarship provides financial aid opportunities to eligible transfer students who earn an associate degree from Jefferson.
JCTC-2-KSU Pathway Scholarship
The JCTC-2-KSU Pathway Scholarship is a renewable, last-dollar, scholarship program that covers a student’s fall and spring college tuition after federal and state aid and extramural awards have been applied.
JCTC-2-KSU pathway participants who follow their Academic Program Plans and meet certain progression milestones when working toward the completion of their Jefferson Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), or Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees will be provided with transfer credit evaluation and priority registration status for enrolling in KSU courses.
While students are still enrolled at Jefferson, they will have the opportunity to enroll in KSU courses and pay the Jefferson tuition rate. Tuition for courses will be assessed according to the rates of the student's home institution.
To be eligible to participate in the JCTC-2-KSU Pathways Scholarship, a student must:
- Complete the scholarship application;
- Have earned an associate degree; or,
- Be eligible and meet the criteria for Reverse Transfer between the Kentucky Community & Technical College System (KCTCS) and KSU;
- Be admitted to a KSU baccalaureate program;
- Have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Must be Pell eligible; and,
- Must be eligible for at least one (1) of Kentucky’s financial aid programs:
- Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES)
- College Access Program (CAP)
- Early Childhood Development Scholarship
- Kentucky Tuition Grant (KTG)
- Teach Scholarship
- Must be enrolled full-time.
JCTC-2-KSU Pathway Scholarship Renewal
KSU will continue to award the JCTC-2-KSU Pathway Scholarship to students each fall and spring semester for six (6) semesters to complete a baccalaureate degree. To remain eligible, the student must:
- Be enrolled full-time each semester in a baccalaureate degree pathway;
- Maintain continuous attendance for Fall and Spring semesters only;
- File a FAFSA each year by KSU’s published deadline; and,
- Must meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
The Reverse Transfer of Credit Agreement between Jefferson and KSU allows students to transfer course credit from Jefferson to KSU to complete outstanding requirements for an associate degree. The agreement is designed to provide students the opportunity to apply equivalent credits earned at KSU toward outstanding degree requirements at Jefferson.
To be eligible for credit review, students must meet the following requirements:
- Earn a minimum of 45 hours at Jefferson;
- Earn a minimum of 60–65 combined hours between Jefferson and KSU; and
- Be in good academic standing at Jefferson and KSU, with a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
For more information, please contact KSU admissions.
To learn more about KCTCS pathways to KSU, visit https://www.kysu.edu/student-success-and-retention/breds-office/kctcs-transfer-partnership-program.php