Grants Accounting is responsible for all post-award functions involving sponsored projects. Our mission is to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, as well as, University policies and procedures.
- Provide post-award grants accounting support to principal investigators (PIs) for grants & contracts
- Advise PIs to ensure compliance with guidelines & regulations
- Ensure costs are allowable
- Set-up funds including grant budgets & FOAPALs (fund, organization, account, program, activity, location)
- Approve requisitions, travel authorizations, travel vouchers, EPAFs, and check requests
- Perform grant closeout functions which include fund reconciliations, financial status reports, final invoices, and final budgets
- Report expenditures for grants to external agencies, as well as, make requests for reimbursement from the respective agency