Kentucky State University is using GradCAS and NursingCAS as our applications for graduate studies. We use NursingCAS for the DNP program and GradCAS for all other programs. All individuals wishing to apply to a graduate program at Kentucky State University need to complete the application on the proper system. All documents including transcripts, test scores, and recommendations need to be sent directly to the proper CAS system.
If documents need to be sent to Kentucky State University, they should be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies at the following address:
Office of Graduate Studies
Cooperative Extension Building, Suite 105
Kentucky State University
Frankfort, Ky. 40601
Prospective students will need to select the proper program application in the application system. A search for Kentucky State University in the CAS will bring up all program areas within that CAS for our University.
- Select the program you wish to apply to, then complete all necessary information.
- Personal Information:
- Biographic formation
- Contact information
- Citizenship Information
- Race & Ethnicity
- Other information including your SSN
- Academic History:
- Colleges Attended, we do require official transcripts for all applications
- Standardized Test scores if required
- You may enter your GPA and courses, but we require a transcript, you only need to enter prerequisite course work required by the program.
- Supporting Information
- Enter a copy of your CV or resume
- Program Materials
- Read information about the program
- Answer program specific questions
- A personal essay is required for all programs
- A minimum of 3 recommendations are required, if you are employed one should be a supervisor
- Provide information for any prerequisite classes required by the program
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO REMEMBER WHEN APPLYING:
- If your chosen program requires an admission test, it will be referenced on the information page in the Program Materials section, official scores are required
- All programs require official transcripts for regular admissions, international students are required to provide a translated and verified transcript through WES or similar service before applications can be reviewed.
- Application Fee is collected in GradCAS or NursingCAS
Additional Requirements For International Students:
- International Application Fee
- International Applicant Supplement Page
- Deposit for International Students
- Verification of Financial Support Form
- Transcript Translation and Evaluation
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS)
Note: To be considered for graduate admission, the application must contain all the required materials and must be submitted according to the deadlines published by Kentucky State University.
- See programs for specific requirements
- Application Fee
- US Citizens & Residents: $30
- International Applicants: $100
The application fee is non-refundable.
- Application Deadlines
- Fall Enrollment: July 1
- Spring Enrollment: November 15
- Summer Enrollment: May 1
To apply to any graduate programs other than the DNP program:
To apply to the DNP program:
Graduate Studies Contact Information:
- Location: Cooperative Extension Building, Suite 105
- Phone: (502) 597-5094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Admission Process:
Once an application is considered complete and submitted through the proper application process, the application package is sent to the program faculty for review and a vote on admission to a program. No application is sent to a program for review until all required information is included.
Applicant should complete their application in advance of the application deadline. These application deadlines apply to domestic students. Foreign applicants require longer processing time, so foreign applicants should complete their applications as early as possible, preferably at least three months prior to prospective enrollment. Applicants who seek financial aid, scholarships, internships, and/or assistantships need to refer to the program information for the process and any deadlines related to the funding source. Places in the entering classes will be reserved on a rolling basis, and so earlier applications may be favored for admission.