- Student meets with Credit for Life Instructor regarding transferable life experiences.
During this meeting the following occurs:
- Instructor determines if course is appropriate for student’s experience. Instructor and student determine specific course(s) to be targeted for portfolio creation through review of university course catalog and appropriate course syllabus(i).
- Instructor describes the Credit for Life process and course expectation, enrolls student in the CLE 299 course. Student is given portfolio course syllabus and development handbook to be used in preparation of portfolio(s).
- Student completes portfolio.
- Portfolio is completed in appropriate time frame that allows for faculty review and evaluation and submission of grade(s) and is within University grade submission guidelines.
- Portfolio is given to the Instructor. Instructor sends letters/email to Deans, Finance and Collection with information to bill student for portfolio with list of course(s) pursuing to receive credit for. Then Portfolio is sent to the faculty assessor or committee for review.
- Portfolio evaluation.
- After evaluation the assigned grade is determined based upon the degree to which the assessor determine that the student’s life experience meets the course(s) expected mastery of stated objectives and competencies.
- A grade of P (pass) or F (fail) is entered for the course. Memo and documentation are sent to the Registrar for positing the grade to the student’s official transcript.
- Credits earned through CLE 299 are treated like other university earned credits applicable to meeting degree requirements.
- CLE Permission Form