Tuition Refund Policy

Students withdrawing from the University or dropping semester credit hours which result in a change in the assessment of fees will be eligible for a refund of fees based on the dates and conditions listed hereafter. No refund can be made on certain fees and optional fees as established by the Kentucky State University Board of Regents. The date of completion of the withdrawal/ drop determines the percent of refund for which the student is eligible. A withdrawal/drop is complete when the necessary form(s) have been completed and returned to the designated office.

Time Period / Refunds

For purposes of calculating refunds, “weeks” are counted as seven-day periods beginning with the first day of classes for the semester.

Refunds will be issued on canceled classes and early withdrawals. Refunds to be issued from PELL, SEOG, and KHEAA Grants will be issued within two weeks from the date funds are applied to the student’s account. Questions concerning refunds should be directed to the Bursar’s Office (ASB 3rd Level).

Kentucky State University delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Visit this link for more information:

Tuition and Fee Refund Policy

As required by Federal Regulations, the University shall return all or a portion of the Title IV aid awarded to the appropriate Title IV account. The return to Title IV occurs when the student officially withdraws, drops out, takes an unapproved leave, is expelled, or otherwise fails to complete the period of enrollment for which he or she was charged.

Kentucky State University will perform a refund repayment calculation for all students who receive Title IV aid (R2T4). Students who do not receive Title IV aid will be processed in accordance with the published refund schedule.

The sources of aid to the student are: Unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loans, Subsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loan, Federal Direct PLUS Loans, Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Other Student Financial Assistance Programs Other federal, state, private, or institutional sources of aid the student.

If a student receives a cash refund and then withdraws from school, he/she must repay a portion of the amount received. Students whose accounts were “paid in full” are likely to end up owing the institution after withdrawal.

Review Your Account Summary

  • Residency: Questions regarding status as an in-state or out-of-state students should be directed to the Admission Office .
  • Financial Aid: Questions about Financial Aid credit appearing on the student’s bill (Account Summary) should be directed to the Financial Aid Office.
  • Room and Board: Charges for the student living on-campus and enrolled with a meal plan will be reflected on the student’s bill (Account Summary and Account Summary by Term). If you are not able to view your room and board charges contact the Office of Residence Life .
  • Payment by Mail: If the student chooses to pay by mail, the payment must be in the form of a cashier’s check, certified check, money order, or personal check; and, include student’s ID number.
  • Payment in Person: Fees may be paid in person at the Cashier’s Office (cash, money order, cashier check, credit/debit cards and personal check) – located in the ASB 3rd floor lobby. Hours of Operation 8:00am – 4:30pm.
  • Payment by Credit Card: If you would like to pay online with your MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, or American Express, you may do so through WIRED via CASHNet.


To expedite matters and to prevent any possible delays, please have any materials related to the following areas available (if applicable):

  1. Registration (class schedule, add/drops).
  2. Room and Board.
  3. Payment plan information (see below).

Tuition and fees may be paid by cash (on-campus payments only), money order, cashier’s check or certified check. Personal checks are acceptable.

Online payment is also available by following this procedure:

Access the University’s website at

  1. Click on Current Students
  2. Under Academic Information, click on WIRED
  3. Click Log on to WIRED
  4. Enter the Student ID number
  5. Enter pin number then click Login
  6. Click on term (top left)
  7. Click on the appropriate term you want to make payment.
  8. Under Student Records, click “Account Summary and Pay by Credit Card”

Payment Plan Eligibility

A payment plan is necessary when a student lacks funds to pay charges in full or when his/her financial aid package is not sufficient to cover all charges.