Public Relations is Kentucky State University’s central communications division. We strategically advance and protect the University’s brand and reputation in ways that drive recognition and support, while attracting outstanding faculty, staff, and students to advance our legacy of academic excellence.
Follow us on social - it's the fastest and easiest way to keep up-to-date on the most recent happenings at Kentucky State University.
KSU News promotes public awareness of the University and its value to communities throughout the state, nation, and world. Public Relations approaches everything we do with a clear purpose, a commitment to cross-campus integration, and a keen focus on measurement.
We are responsible for building and maintaining relationships with influential media outlets, promoting public awareness of the critical work of Kentucky State to advance the Commonwealth of Kentucky, nation, and world.
Public Relations is the primary and sole press and media relations office on campus. All media requests (print, electronic, and other) should be forwarded to email@example.com before being answered. The Public Relations team works closely with news media and other external media outlets on publicizing University news and events, connecting faculty, staff, students, and other campus members with media outlets, when appropriate and responding to media requests.
Public Relations will promote faculty and staff expertise and publicize scholarship and research. We coordinate and promote major University events, such as Commencement, Honors Convocation, and special community events sponsored or supported by the University.
We tell the stories. Stories about student achievement, academic success, research excellence, and about the people we serve. Stories that inspire, inform and uplift. But more importantly, stories about the people who make Kentucky State University one of the greatest universities in the nation. Let us tell your story, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are contacted by the media, please notify Public Relations by completing the News Media Inquiry Form.
Let us help you promote your news and upcoming event by submitting the Press Release/Event Form.
Bred Alerts is a free service that delivers emergency alerts to registered Kentucky State University students, faculty, and staff via their cell phones, mobile devices, and/or email accounts during a campus emergency. Sign up for emergency alert notifications here.
Kentucky State’s voice in the social media environment is similar to its style in publications — conversational, courageous, friendly, and approachable. Social media enhances communication, engagement, collaboration, and information exchange in support of the University’s mission. Academic and administrative units of the University must seek permission from Public Relations prior to embarking on social media.
Kentucky State’s social media handle is @KyStateU.
- Seek approval and training from Public Relations
- Have authorization to post on your department’s behalf
- Protect confidential and proprietary information
- Respect copyright and fair use
- Ensure the security of social media accounts
- Be respectful and thoughtful
- Be consistent and timely
- Be accurate
- Use the University name in your handle first (e.g. @KySUAdmissions or @KySUAg)
- Create accounts using your KSU email only
- Link back to kysu.edu anytime you are able to
- Post private, restricted, or sensitive information
- Engage in arguments or negative dialogue when someone disagrees with your post
- Represent your personal views as those of the University
- Use images that are too small to be easily recognized in a browser or on mobile devices
- Design your own department logo that is not recognizable as being affiliated with the brand identity of Kentucky State
- Use Kentucky State’s logo or any other University images on personal social media sites
For additional information, contact email@example.com.
Nathalie Evans, Director of Public Relations
- Location: Hume Hall
- Phone: (502) 597-6556
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org