The pre-licensure BSN is a four-year plan of study that prepares the student to write the licensure examination for registered nurses (NCLEX-RN®) and subsequently enter the workforce as a professional registered nurse.
RN to BSN
The RN to BSN plan of study offers the flexibility of online education. This option allows registered nurses who are graduates of accredited associate degree or diploma programs to earn a BSN.
Terminal Learning Outcomes
The baccalaureate degree terminal learning outcomes provide clear statements of expected results, derived directly from the nursing framework, and reflect the school’s mission and core values. Using core knowledge graduates from the bachelor degree program are able to:
- Integrate knowledge from liberal arts and sciences in the application of health promotion, disease prevention, and disease and care management concepts for individuals, families, communities, and populations throughout the world.
- Critically evaluate, apply and communicate research findings to improve professional practice and patient care outcomes.
- Express a commitment to personal and professional development through continuing education and participation in professional organizations
- Formulate a personal and professional framework integrating professional, ethical and legal standards to guide conduct and decision making in professional nursing.
- Serve as an effective member of the health care team through collaboration, advocacy and a synthesis of communication principles that facilitate the management of quality care outcomes among diverse populations.
- Integrate the concepts of nursing informatics and technology in the retrieval, and application of relevant and reliable data from multiple disciplines as the basis for evidence-based client-centered care.
- Analyze, evaluate and integrate leadership and management theories into professional nursing practice.