Temporary Medical Disabilities

The Disability Resource Center office will assist you in acquiring the short-term use of accommodations for temporary disabilities (e.g., mobility or strength limitations following a surgery, a broken bone, etc.). At the earliest opportunity, notify the DRC Coordinator of your situation and needs. You will be required to submit your physician’s signed statement on office letterhead, clearly conveying the functional impact on your role as a student, as well as its expected duration.

To qualify for an accessible parking permit on a temporary basis, you should also provide a copy of the above-described physician’s statement to the KSU Police Department. Call (502) 597-5000 for more information.

Students undergoing an illness or injury resulting in missed coursework should contact each professor to arrange to make up that work.  It is best to notify the professor as quickly as possible.