Objectives - General Business
- They will possess the knowledge and skills necessary to become small business owners, entrepreneurs, and consultants in an ever-changing, globally competitive business environment
- They will be able to:
- Understand the industry, national, and global environments in which businesses operate
- Analyze a wide variety of business situations and make appropriate decisions
- Gather information from a variety of sources, integrate the information, and communicate the results as appropriate
- They will understand the quantitative, scientific, social, technological and cultural influences affecting business
The program also provides a solid background for students who may want to pursue graduate work in business or related areas.
In addition to the general education and common professional core component learning outcomes, the General Business area-specific desired learning outcomes are:
- To continue development of general education and common professional core component learning outcomes
- To deepen understanding of the business functions of managerial accounting and operations management
- To understand certain other business topics of particular interest to individual students (professional electives)
- To understand and be able to take advantage of career opportunities in business
If you are interested in receiving more information about this or any of our other programs, please let us know. You may contact us by completing the “More Info” form, e-mailing us at B.School@kysu.edu, or by calling (502) 597-6807.