PROSPECTIVE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|English Language Proficiency||Graduate Admission||Tuition & Fees||Prepare for Your Travel|
|Entry to US||Housing Applications||Orientation||Obtaining Your I-20|
|Canadian Students||Mandated Check-In|
We strongly encourage you to check out our International Student Handbook:
What You Need to Know Before and After Your Arrival.
Apply to KSU
Kentucky State University is a comprehensive institution dedicated to providing its students with an exceptional learning community. We offers students an opportunity to explore a wide range of educational opportunities and programs. For detailed information on major degree programs, please click here.
The University welcomes admission inquiries from students around the world. International students should have complete admission applications on file three months before the beginning of the term (summer/fall/spring semester) in which they intend to enroll. We do NOT accept any paper applications.
Kentucky State University utilizes GradCAS for all our Master degree program application. You can find a link to the application portal from on our Graduate Studies Web page: https://www.kysu.edu/academics/grad-studies/index.php. Once you create an account with GradCAS, search for Kentucky State University and you will find us and can select the program you are interested in. Compete the application step-by-step.
Undergraduate international students are expected to complete and submit your application online. The BREDS Office staff will carefully review each application and conduct required admissions interviews for non-native English speaking applicants if necessary. For more information, please visit the BREDS Office.
Undergraduate Application, A completed application packet will include the following:
- A completed online application https://ssbec.kysu.edu/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
- Application fee of $100.00 made payable to Kentucky State University in the form of money order
- Verification of graduation from high school or secondary institution.
- A transcript of official high school/secondary school credits verifying graduation (with English translation)
- All post-secondary school transcripts (if applicable) with English translation
- All post-secondary transcripts must be submitted to for a course-by-course evaluation to determine college credit equivalency. Official transcript evaluation report for foreign transcripts must be directly sent from an accredited agency. We recommend WES for the transcript evaluation report
- A copy of your passport, if available
- An official statement from a sponsor or bank documenting financial support and/or deposit equivalent to $19,714 US Dollars
- Test scores for your college entry exam, such as ACT/SAT/TOEFL/IELTS/GRE. For undergraduate student admission, either ACT, SAT, TOEFL, or IELTS will work. Test scores as TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT. Official scores should be sent directly from the agency such as ETS. The KSU institutional code to use is 1368
- Nigerian students must submit WASC
- Detailed and accurate email address for your I-20
The B.R.E.D.S. Office
Kentucky State University
400 E Main St.
Frankfort, KY 40601