Prospective Students - SEVIS and Visa Application Fee
SEVIS and Visa Application Fee
F-1 and J-1 visa applicants must pay a Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee of $350.00 before they apply for a visa. The fee can be paid to the Department of Homeland Security either by mail or online, and it must include a Form I-901. The fee can be paid by you or a third party.
To pay by mail:
- Obtain a copy of Form I-901 ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Document/2015/i901.pdf.
- Complete Form I-901. Print your name exactly as it appears on your I-20 Form. You will need your SEVIS ID number (on the upper left corner of your I-20 and starts with N) and your (NOL214F10724000). Please see the sample I-2- down below.
- Write a check or have an international money order in the amount of $350.00 made payable to I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee.
- Mail the completed I-901 and the payment to the address listed on Form I-901.
- Go to fmjfee.com, print a couple of copies of your Payment Confirmation as receipts and keep them with your other important immigration
To pay online:
- Find Form I-901 at fmjfee.com.
- Complete the Form online and insert the credit card information, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Put your name exactly as it appears on your I-20 Form. You will need your SEVIS ID number (on the upper right corner of your I-20 and starts with N) and your (NOL214F10724000).
- Print a couple of copies of your Payment Confirmation as receipts, and keep them with your other important immigration documents where required.
IMPORTANT: If you successfully pass the interview and your visa application is approved, the consular officer or visa officer will place an F-1 visa stamp in your passport and return it to you to use for entry into the United States. When you have your passport with the visa stamp, be sure to double check the stamp, and make sure your information in the stamp is exactly the same as it appears in your passport. You also need to check the visa expiration date and make sure it is valid before your planned entry time. Click here for a sample US F-1 Visa.