PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS - PREPARE FOR YOUR TRAVEL
|English Language Proficiency||Graduate Admission||Tuition & Fees||Prepare for Your Travel|
|Entry to US||Housing Applications||Orientation||Obtaining Your I-20|
|Canadian Students||Mandated Check-In|
Prepare for Your Travel
Once you have been accepted to KSU, you will be notified by email. We will then enter your information into the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) database. SEVIS is a federal government database that contains information on all visiting international students studying in the United States. For more information on SEVIS, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Department of Homeland Security, please visit the following link: https://www.ice.gov/sevis/overview. Once you are entered into SEVIS, we will issue an official Form I-20. This very important document, as well as your official acceptance letter, must be present with you during your visa application interview at a US Embassy or Consulate. These documents must also be present when you enter the United States. When you receive the I-20, please double check and make sure your personal information is accurate. Click here to see a sample I-20
Once you receive your official acceptance letter and I-20 form from the Kentucky State University, you will be able to apply for your visa. To submit an F-1 Student Visa Application, please visit this link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/student-visa.html. We suggest submitting visa applications as soon as you receive your I-20 and enrollment acceptance letter to better ensure your materials are promptly accepted and returned to you.
Required material and/or documents include the following:
- A signed Form I-20 (A Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status)
- Passport valid for a minimum of 6 months into the future at the time of entry to U.S.A.
- Letter of admission/acceptance from KSU
- Completed nonimmigrant visa application form (DS-160). Form available at your local US Embassy or Consulate’s website: https://www.usembassy.gov/
- Two Passport photos
- Financial support documents (Current proof of support that meets expenses for the duration as indicated on Form I-20. You can provide bank statements, award letters or approval letters, etc.)
- Visa application fee payment receipt
- Receipt showing payment of $350.00 SEVIS fee (I-901 fee).