PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS - GRADUATE ADMISSION
|English Language Proficiency||Graduate Admission||Tuition & Fees||Prepare for Your Travel|
|Entry to US||Housing Applications||Orientation||Obtaining Your I-20|
|Canadian Students||Mandated Check-In|
For Graduate Application:
Kentucky State University strives to maintain the highest quality graduate programs and excellence among graduate faculty. The Graduate Programs at Kentucky State University seek to recruit students of high potential, readiness, and motivation for success in graduate studies and, following graduation, continued professional accomplishment. For detailed information about description of KSU Graduate Programs, specific requirements, and transfer policies, please visit KSU Office of Graduate Studies at https://www.kysu.edu/academics/grad-studies/index.php.
Kentucky State University utilizes GradCAS for all our Master degree program application. You can find a link to the application portal from on our Graduate Studies Web page: https://www.kysu.edu/academics/grad-studies/index.php. Once you create an account with GradCAS, search for Kentucky State University and you will find us and can select the program you are interested in. Compete the application step-by-step.
You can send your additional materials to:
Office of Graduate Studies
Cooperative Extension Building, Suite 105/109
Kentucky State University
Frankfort, Ky. 40601
A completed application packet will include the following:
- A completed online https://gradcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/
- All official post-secondary school transcripts
- An official transcript evaluation report for foreign transcripts. We recommend WES for the transcript evaluation report, but also do accept official reports from other approved services. GradCAS lists the services we accept in the application portal
- A copy of your passport, if available
- Essay or personal statement
- There reference letters from individuals who can best speak to your potentials
- Test scores such as TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT. Official scores should be sent directly from the agency such as ETS to GradCAS OR to Kentucky State University. The institutional code to use for Kentucky State University is 1368. And the institutional code to use for GradCAS is B886. IELTS score can also be sent directly to GradCAS starting fall 2022. GRE can be waived if you have a Master degree from the United States or have started a Master degree program in the United States. In Computer Science, if your GPA is 3.00 or higher, your GRE can also be waived.
- To request your I-20 when admitted, you need to provide official statement from a sponsor or bank documenting financial support and/or deposit equivalent to at least $19,506 U.S Dollars (minus the amount of any scholarships offered if applicable) to cover your first year expenses (tuition $11,574, estimated lodging $3,746, meal plan $3,686, other $500). Please refer to Obtaining Your I-20s on Page 17 for more information.
- Accurate and exact email address where you want your I-20 to be sent.
Some programs require GRE test scores. At this time, MBA program does not require GRE or GMAT. Please visit Graduate Studies website to check out minimum requirement of GPA and GRE test scores for specific programs. However, for all Master degree programs, GRE can be waived if the student already has a Master degree in hand from the United States or has started a Master degree program in the United States.
Both Master of Science in Environmental Studies and Aquaculture & Aquatic Sciences require a minimum combined GRE score of 296. Master of Science in Computer Science program require a minimum combine GRE score of 284 if the student’s GPA is less than 3.00. GRE is waived if the GPA is 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale in the U.S. system.
For Master of Arts in Special Education, the Praxis Core Academic Skills Test (CASE) Scores are required. The following scores are required, per Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (For additional information, please go to https://www.ets.org/praxis/ky/requirements):
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators:
Reading ……………………………… 156
Writing ………………………………... 162
Mathematics ………………………. 150
International Students whose official/native language is not English or degree courses are not delivered in English must submit their official test scores. We accept TOEFL and IELTS. These scores can be official sent directly to GradCAS or Kentucky State University Graduate Studies. The institutional code for TOEFL to be sent to Kentucky State University is 1368, and to GradCAS is B886.
TOEFL or IELTS scores can be waived if the student has obtained a degree from the United States.