Chapter Challenge FAQ
I live in an area without an active alumni chapter. How do I support the campaign?
Alumni in areas without an active chapter are still encouraged to participate in the giving challenge. Simply make your donation at kysu.edu/givenow. Unless specified, your donation will be counted towards the progress of the alumni chapter closest to your location.
Is there a minimum donation required for the chapter challenge?
Your chapter goal will be determined based on your chapter size; however, all gifts are counted towards the giving campaign. Individual alumni are encouraged to make a minimum donation of $186.
How's my chapter doing?
Information on chapter participation will be provided as the campaign progresses. Click here to see your chapter's total lifetime giving.
What else can I do?
Student success at Kentucky State University is defined in-and-out of the classroom to help each individual get where they need to go. The True Green: Alumni Campaign to Raise $1 Million eliminates barriers through scholarship, program, and campus improvement support by KSU Alumni. All graduates and those who attended Kentucky State University are encouraged to give their time, talent, and treasure to ensure the future success our 135-year-old beacon of education for those in need.
- Give your time and talent. Alumni can volunteer to: call alumni to ask for their support; write "thank you" cards for donor support; volunteer to mentor a student group; volunteer to plan a chapter or regional alumni event; or, volunteer to be a speaker or performer at a university or alumni event.
- Establish a restricted scholarship, department or program fund (minimum commitment of $1,000 per year).
- Establish a named scholarship: The Thorobred experience depends on our innumerable voices united in the pursuit of knowledge. Your own personal scholarship can bring those voices together in perpetual support of our students.
- Establish an endowed fund: Endowments endure for a reason. Learn how you can make a difference that will last for all time by supporting a department, program or other functions of the university (minimum commitment of $10,000 to be funded within three years).
- Establish an endowed scholarship. (minimum commitment of $18,886 to be funded by the end of the fourth year).
- Leave a legacy by joining the KSUNAA Planned Giving Society: A meaningful gift doesn’t always come immediately from our pockets. It might instead be the gift of a legacy, thoughtfully assembled today for an impact to come through a planned gift to Kentucky State University.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss additional options including endowed professorships, campus landmarks including benches, sponsorships, etc.