Application Packet and General Information for Resident Assistant Position
A Resident Assistant (RA) is a student staff who, under the direction and supervision of their Resident Director, works to fulfill the mission of the department by creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment conducive for living and learning.
• Abide by Residence Life and the University Code of Conduct
• Complete rounds to minimize safety and security risks
• Develops and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with residents in their area
• Fosters strong sense of community amongst residents and all on campus students
• Advises and counsels residents with personal issues (within the scope of his/her responsibility)
• Mediates conflicts between residents, roommates, and communities
• Serves as a referral agent to appropriate KSU staff and community resources
• Emphasizes a personal and community balance
• Facilitates residents’ ability to grow holistically
• Implements programs consistent with programming requirements of the department and the residential area
• Challenge both self and residents to be critical thinking citizens of the global community.
Applicants must submit the following materials to be considered for an interview:
Letter of Recommendation
All applicants must submit three letters of recommendation. References must be individuals who are able to assess applicant’s skills and abilities to be a Resident Assistant. References cannot be KSU students or relatives of applicant.
A cover letter must be included with application.
A tentative class schedule for the upcoming semester must be submitted with the application.
Full time student (12 credit hours for undergraduates and 9 credit hours for graduate students)
Completion of 24 credit hours at the end of the current semester
Prior student leadership experience
Late applications will not be received after the deadline, but may be added to the wait list.
For more details on how to apply to be a Resident Assistant, email email@example.com.
Resident Assistants will receive room and board for their compensation. It is highly encouraged for applicants to consult with the Office of Financial Aid to determine how this position will impact their financial account before accepting position.