Online Faculty Resources
Blackboard Ultra Tutorial Videos
KSU faculty, we have assembled a set of videos to support your efforts to deliver quality online instruction. The videos begin with logging into the Blackboard Learning Management System and cover a variety of topics to support faculty in communication, learner engagement, course design, and assessment. Each video segment is ADA compliant, supported with captioning, audio, and length of time for each segment. As an added benefit, KSU provides all faculty with a quick start guide and a course design, self-paced training to support student-centered learning.
Please note: KSU provides faculty we have four course design templates you may use to support your course designing process. Please contact the Office of Online Education to access these templates.
- KSU's Quick Start Guide to Course Design - self-paced
- Creating Announcements in the Ultra Course View - 1:40
- Course Messages in the Ultra Course View - 1:33
- Use the Calendar in Blackboard Learn Ultra Experience - 1:51
- Create a Blackboard Collaborate Session -
- Create a Microsoft Team Meeting in Ultra Course View - 1:07
- Create Learning Modules in Ultra Course View - 1:25
- Add Content to the Course Content Page - 3:04
- Create Discussions in the Ultra Course View - 2:01
- Create a Document in Ultra Course View - 2:24
- Create a Journal Entry - 1:04
- Create an Assignment in Ultra Course View - 1:02
- Creating a group assignment in Ultra Course View - 2:07
- Batch Edit in the Ultra Course View - 1:13
- Using the Content Editor in Ultra Course View - 0:47
- Gradebook Overview in the Ultra Course View - 1:51
- Create Rubrics in the Ultra Course View - 1:46
- Associate Rubrics in the Ultra Course View - 0:49
- Using Release Conditions in the Ultra Course View - 3:00
- Using SafeAssign in Ultra Course View - 1:20
- Bb Annotate Overview in Blackboard Learn - 2:02
- Feedback Recording in Blackboard Learn Ultra Course View - 1:26
Other Helpful Resources
The course evaluation process is an opportunity learn and grow directly from our students. Continuous improvement is a necessary goal to ensure quality learning experiences for our students.
Accessing Course Evaluations
- To access your course evaluation results, please go to https://kysu.campuslabs.com/faculty
- Login to the site using your campus username and password.
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: same as campus email
KSU faculty, take advantage of this opportunity to support your students' success. Take a look at the following videos to learn more about the online academic services offered at Kentucky State University.
Smarthinking Online - 1:10
Kentucky State University provides a digital portfolio service to all faculty. This service allows faculty to demonstrate scholarship, community and university service, professional growth and developments, as well as teaching and learning proficiency. The Interfolio service is a convenient and efficient way to collect materials that reflect the comprehensive work of faculty members and the institution. To log into Interfolio visit this link: KSU Interfolio