Kentucky State University’s Office of Career and Professional Development provides career-related resources to students and alumni from all academic disciplines. Looking to update your resume, improve your interview skills, or land your next internship or full or part-time job? We’re here to help. Just schedule an appointment with us using through Handshake.
What Can I do With This Major?
If you are like many students and some graduates as well, you may be wondering what exactly can I do with my major? By using the What Can I Do With This Major? resource tool, you can review a collection of information sheets on hundreds of academic majors and various career options your major can provide. From there, you’re able to view outlines of common career areas, typical employers, and strategies to maximize career opportunities. This best-in-class resource was purchased from the University of Tennessee (UT) for your use.
Current KSU students and alumni can open free CareerShift accounts! CareerShift’s design is to help job seekers successfully navigate the published and hidden job market to find career opportunities. With CareerShift‘s robust company and contact database, users can find current job connections and make meaningful new connections. CareerShift’s set of tools and applications provides a unique opportunity for users. CareerShift provides an easy-to-use approach that streamlines the “hidden job market” for managing your job search all in one place.
CareerShift allows you the opportunity to:
- Search and store jobs from all the major job boards, company websites, newspapers, and anywhere else a job is posted on the internet.
- Get inside contact information immediately, including email addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage your lists.
- Access in-depth information about contacts and companies posting jobs.
- Upload, copy, and paste as many targeted resumes and cover letters needed or upload your current documents.
- Work with your KSU Career and Professional Development Team, to create personalized marketing campaigns.
- Save and store unlimited contacts, resumes, and cover letters.
- Access and manage your confidential CareerShift account from anywhere, anytime.
Career Development Plan
Graduate School Resources
- Graduate School Timeline
- Common Graduate School Admission Exam
- How to Write Your Graduate School Personal Statement
- Freshman Resume Writing Guide and Template
- Education Resume Template
- Federal Government Resume Template
- Progressive Resume Template
- Nursing Resume Template
Dress for Success
Workshop and Seminars
- Resume 101: Where Do I Begin?
- How to Successfully Navigate Handshake
- Get LinkedIn and Build Your Professional Brand
- Mastering the Virtual Interview
Handshake is our career management database for full-time and part-time professional jobs, as well as internships and co-ops, for students and Alumni. With Handshake, you can search for opportunities based on your interests, major or geographic location. Additionally, you can maintain your resume, schedule appointments, report work experiences (First Destination Survey), and keep updated and register for on-campus, off-campus and virtual career events. Click here to access or activate your Handshake account.
Mock Interview/Resume Preparation
QUINN shows you how to stay on track with a proven process of resume enhancements that can assist with passing throught an (ATS) Applicant Tracking System, tailored mock interviews and personalized engagement tools using (AI) artifical intelligence.