Tuition Waiver & Benefit Programs
Kentucky State University offers tuition benefits for some faculty and staff and their dependents. KSU staff members should contact the Human Resources office for appropriate form and processing steps. Completed forms should be forwarded to the Financial Aid office.
Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens
The university offers tuition remission to individuals who are classified by admissions as residents of Kentucky and are at least 65 years of age on, or before, the first day of classes for the semester. Special costs, such as course fees and parking, are not covered by this program and are the financial responsibility of the student. Proof of age may be shown by presenting a driver’s license or other age verification document at the Human Resource Office.
KRS Tuition Waivers
The Student Financial Aid Office administers the following tuition benefit programs mandated by the Kentucky General Assembly. Details for these programs.
Dependent/Spouse of a Veteran Tuition Waivers
Waiver of tuition for dependents, widow, or widower of members of the Armed Forces or of members of the National Guard killed while in service or having died as a result of a service-connected disability (KRS 164.505)
- Waiver of tuition for spouse or child of deceased veteran of war (KRS 164.507)
- Waiver of tuition for disabled child of a veteran (KRS 164.512)
Cooperating and Resource Teachers Tuition Waiver
In recognition of valuable service to the preparation of teachers and the need for all teachers to have continual professional growth, a supervising teacher or a resource teacher for teacher interns may, with prior approval of the course-offering institution, take a maximum of six (6) credit hours per term at any public postsecondary institution and pay no tuition. The postsecondary institution shall waive the tuition up to a maximum of six (6) credit hours (KRS 164.2845)
Kentucky Foster and Adopted Children Tuition Waiver
- Waiver of all or a portion of tuition for Kentucky foster and adopted children affiliated with the Cabinet for Families and Children (CFC) or the Department for Juvenile Justice (DJJ) (KRS 164.2847) ?
- Waiver of tuition for spouse or child of a member of National Guard, war veteran, prisoner of war permanently disabled while in service, or member of the Armed Services missing in action (KRS 164.515)
- Dependent/Spouse of Police Officers, Firefighters, and State Employees Tuition Waivers
- Waiver of tuition for survivor of police officer, firefighter, volunteer firefighter, or state employee killed in the line of duty (KRS 164.2841)
- Waiver of tuition for spouse or child of police officer, firefighter, volunteer firefighter, or state employee permanently and totally disabled in the line of duty (KRS 164.2842)