How to Apply for Financial Aid

If you applied for the previous school year, you can file a Renewal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you filed your FAFSA electronically you will get a reminder notice via email that it’s time to reapply for federal student aid, but you can’t submit your application before October 1.

  • If you get a reminder notice, you’ll use your U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid ID to access FAFSA, and you’ll apply electronically.
  • If you didn’t file for the previous school year, you’ll submit the FAFSA through the Internet using FAFSA. You are encouraged to file the FAFSA electronically, but if you cannot, you can call (800) 433-3243 to request a paper form.