About the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs
The Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs serves as the University’s centralized unit for the coordination of externally sponsored research and programs. It is responsible for the collective management of all activities associated with the receipt of external funding.
- Disseminate information about grant opportunities and funding agencies to faculty and staff.
- Offer grantsmanship and proposal-writing workshops and seminars.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff in clarifying and interpreting agency guidelines, requirements, and regulations, as well as university policies and procedures.
- Assist Principal Investigators with proposal preparation, editing proposals, and reviewing budgets, to ensure accuracy and compliance with agency and University guidelines.
- Process sub-recipient commitment forms.
- Process proposals for internal approval and transmittal.
- Serve as the point of contact between funding agencies and the institution.
- Participate in award administration training as required by the agency, along with Principal Investigators.
- Provide post-award guidance to Principal Investigators.
- Process and accept grant awards.
- Maintain files related to awards and subawards.
- Liaise with the grant accounting team regarding setting up and making changes to grant accounts.
- Develop and obtain approval for grant-funded contracts, subcontracts, subaward agreements, and any amendments that may be needed in coordination with the General Counsel and other relevant University offices.
- Coordinate with grants and sponsored programs offices at other universities in obtaining approval for subaward agreements and amendments.
- Support compliance with reporting requirements.
- Review and submit budget and scope of work changes to funding agencies.
- Coordinate compliance relating to human subjects and animal care and use.
Reporting on Sponsored Programs
- Track all proposal submissions and awards.
- Prepare and submit reports to the administration regarding submissions and awards.