Kentucky State University Facility Update
The health and safety of our students is a top priority at Kentucky State University.
Due to recent HVAC outages, affected students will be moved to the Capital Plaza Hotel beginning Friday, Nov. 16 through Monday, Nov. 26. Shuttle service will be available Friday, Nov. 16 from 4 p.m. until 9 p.m. and will be available each day from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m., transporting students between the hotel and campus every 30 minutes. Student pick up and drop off will occur every 30 minutes at the Carl M. Hill Student Center. From Nov. 21 – Nov. 25, the shuttle will run every 30 minutes from 9:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. Resident assistants will accompany students during their stay at the Capital Plaza.
Furthermore, starting today, Friday, November 16 through Tuesday, November 20, faculty are encouraged to continue academic instruction using Blackboard or other technological approaches, such as Zoom, Skype, email, conference calls, etc. in place of on-campus meetings.
What you need to know:
- A replacement part for the HVAC system will arrive Monday, Nov. 26 and will be installed immediately.
- If you have an emergency that requires immediate attention (e.g. fire, flooding, hazardous, safety issues, etc.), please call 911. For inquiries or concerns, contact University Police at (502) 597-6878.
- Dining service hours from Nov. 16 – Nov. 20:
- Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Continental breakfast: 9:30 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Light lunch: 1:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Dining service hours from Nov. 21 – Nov. 25
- Brunch: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Important numbers to remember:
- University Police: (502) 597-6878
- Facilities Management (502) 597-6805
- Residence Life: (502) 597-6043