Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC)
A Message from the President M. Christopher Brown II, Ph.D.
Welcome to the Kentucky State University SACSCOC accreditation site. Kentucky State University is committed to accreditation in higher education as a collegial process based on self and peer assessment with the intended purpose for the improvement of academic quality and public accountability.
Kentucky State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s and the doctor of nursing practice degree. You may contact SACSCOC by mail at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033, or by phone at (404) 679-4501.If you have questions or require information related to SACSCOC, please contact the institutional liaison. Beverly Schneller, Ph.D. Vice Provost, Academic Affairs Hathaway Hall Room 424 400 East Main St. Frankfort, KY 40601 (502) firstname.lastname@example.org
SACSCOC Reaffirmation date: December 2019
Academic, College, Departmental, and Program Accreditation
Professional Licensure Disclosure
Kentucky State University offers courses and programs that may lead to professional licensure or certification in other states. Professional licensure and certification requirements vary by state. Kentucky State University reviews state requirements by June 30 of each year to determine if programs meet the professional licensure and certification requirements outside the state of Kentucky. Students seeking a program leading to professional licensure or certification should be aware of requirements for earning a license or certificate for professional practice in their state. Students can review the information below, explore additional information via provided links, and are advised to contact the licensing or certification agency in their state to request additional information regarding requirements (both educational and non-educational such as residency and background checks) prior to enrollment in a program.
Kentucky State University makes every effort to ensure information is current and accurate. State requirements for licensing/certification may change between reviews. Before enrolling in a program, students are encouraged to consult with their state licensing/certification board for current requirements.
- Kentucky State University’s Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited by the
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) (2020) and KY Education
Professional Standards Board (EPSB). The following programs are approved under the
- The Bachelor of Science in Biology Education (8-12)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education (P-5)
- The Bachelor of Arts in English Education (8-12)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Health Education (P-5) (dual certification option with Physical Education only)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (Birth-P)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics Education (8-12)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Music Education (P-12)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education (P-12)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Social Studies Education (8-12)
- The Master of Arts in Special Education (P-12)
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice DNP - BSN - DNP Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) -2017 Recommended for Initial Accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- The Associate in Nursing ADN and RN - BSN Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) (2019)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) (2020)
- The Masters of Public Administration program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (2017-18)
- The Bachelor of Arts degree program in Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) (2027)
- The Bachelor of Arts degree program in Music Education is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) (2027)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) (2020)