Office of Campus Life
The Office of Student Life plans and promotes extracurricular activities that reflect the academic efforts of the university, and serves as an enhancement of the overall educational experience of students through social, cultural, intellectual, instructional, leadership, spiritual, recreational and governance programs.
- Student Activities, Events, and Initiatives
- Student Leadership Training
- Community Service Opportunities
- Cultural and Educational Seminars, Conferences, and Convocations
- Oversee all facets of Student Organizations
- Develop and sharpen leadership abilities within the student body.
- Support retention efforts that assist student’s in “connecting” with KSU.
- Provide off campus experiences for students.
- Enhance the development of students outside the classroom.
- Provide support to Commuter/Non-Traditional student.
- Celebrate and promote diversity among the student body.
- Maintain an open door policy with a positive atmosphere.
- Teach to promote strong ethical values for the student body.
It is the mission of the Office of Student Life office to compliment the academic programs of study at Kentucky State University and enhance the overall educational experience of students through the development of exposure to and participation in social, cultural, intellectual, recreational, spiritual, and governance programs. Student Life will also foster retention, stimulate an interchange of ideas, attitudes and opinions, provide outreach to community service, and build self-esteem as well as provide opportunities to develop strong leadership skills.
Student participation in the design and implementation of these programs provides opportunities to develop characteristics of leadership, interpersonal skills, and personal growth which assist them beyond KSU. This office provides structured activities, programs, services, resources and facilities to accomplish this mission. In addition, there are opportunities for additional growth through participation in student organizations which include academic, Greek, service and honorary.
The Office of Student Life office recognizes that its mission, in cooperation with the mission of the University, is accomplished through the interaction of students, faculty, staff and administration, working closely together to meet the extracurricular and co-curricular needs of the students attending Kentucky State University.
Office of Campus Life
Carl M. Hill Student Center
Phone: (502) 597-5825
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.