Admission Requirements for Master of Science In Environmental Studies

Thistle and bee

Admission requirements:

  • Successful completion of an undergraduate degree
    • Overall undergraduate grade-point-average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
    • Including College Algebra (MAT 115 or equivalent)
  • Submission of application form
  • Statement of goals and career objectives
  • Official documents mailed directly to the following address:

Office of Graduate Studies
Cooperative Extension Building, Suite 225
Kentucky State University
Frankfort, Ky. 40601

    • Undergraduate Transcripts
    • GRE scores
    • TOEFL scores (Only required for international students from countries where English is not an official language)
    • Three letters of reference
  • Payment of application fee
    • $40 for US citizens and permanent residents
    • $50 for international students

Applications Deadlines

  • Fall Enrollment: May 15
  • Spring Enrollment: October 15

The Admissions decision is made shortly after the applicant’s file is determined by the Office of Graduate Studies to be complete, and the applicant may be notified far in advance of the application deadline. These application deadlines apply to domestic students. Foreign applicants require longer processing time, so foreign applicants should complete their applications as early as possible, preferably at least THREE MONTHS prior to prospective enrollment. Applicants who seek financial aid, scholarships, internships, and/or assistantships should consult the regulations of the program to which they are applying for earlier due dates. Places in the entering classes will be reserved on a rolling basis, and so earlier applications may be favored for admission.

Provisional Admission

If an applicant is unable to provide all the necessary documents, but otherwise meets the admissions criteria, he/she may be granted provisional admission. Provisional admission may not be permitted for more than one semester and all credentials must be received before the end of the semester in which the students has registered. To move from provisional status to regular admission status, students must either meet all regular admissions requirements or complete 9 hours of graduate study with at least 3.0 GPA.

Non-Degree Status

Students who wish to take graduate courses but do not intend to seek the MES degree may enroll with non-degree status. The student must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).