The Family Development & Management Program provides program participants information and helps them build skills in the area of family management, including consumerism, budgeting, home safety, parenting skills, etc.
- Mary J. Fant, State Specialist
- Linda A. Brown-Price, Area FDM Coordinator - Northern Kentucky
- Naela Imanyara , Area FDM Coordinator - Louisville Area
- Judith Ricks , Area FDM Coordinator - Ft. Harrod Area
- Betty Roark, Program Assistant - Simpson County
- Jean Pace, Program Assistant - Warren County
- Sharon Fowler, Program Assistant - Jefferson County
- Colleen Michael, Program Assistant - Kenton County
- Vicki Phillips, Program Assistant - Kenton County
- Linda Atkins, Program Assistant - Owen County
- Barbara Weber, Program Assistant - Campbell County
- Rose Matherly, Program Assistant - Boyle County
- Toni Bruton, Program Assistant - Franklin County
- Anita Crabtree, Program Assistant - Franklin County
- Loretta Adams , Program Assistant - Garrard County
- Adella Stevenson, Program Assistant - Garrard County
- Bessie Smith, Program Assistant - Lincoln County
- Ruth Freeman, Program Assistant - Mercer County
- Daisy Spotts, Program Assistant - Scott County
Sponsor of KSU-CEP “Pro Star” campus initiative that works with ten (10) students in Early Childhood, Education and/or Family and Consumer Sciences. College students (Pro-STARS) are trained to work with high school students in promoting responsibility in teens. This project is one of the affiliates of a National Program funded by Save the Children at the National office at South Carolina State University.
- Development of 10 Single Parenting Training videotapes, in collaboration with Sam Quick, Calvary Baptist Church, and Fayette County Extension Service.
- Development of Training Materials designed for Welfare to Work families in coordination with UK and Bob Flashman.
- Water Quality Grant, UK- KSU initiative.
Publications available by request
- Creative Discipline Techniques
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- The Value of Play and Toy Selection
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- The Indicators of Quality Child Care
- Sensitivity in Working With Welfare Recipients
- Diversity in Working with Families and Children
- Winter Safety and Children
- Time-Out Technique in Managing the Behavior of the Preschool Child
- The Benefits of Corporate-Sponsored Child Care
- Developing Playgrounds in Preschool Settings
- Helping Parents Select Quality Child Care