University Operations FAQs
- Employees, please do not return to campus and continue to work with your supervisors as you telework. As recommended by health professionals, Kentucky State has been sanitized and only essential, credentialed employees can access campus.
- Human Resources is available to advise staff on appropriate telecommuting practices, employee leave management, and related workplace questions.
- Pursuant to the guidance of our state and federal leaders, Kentucky State will continue to operate under restricted access. Classes will continue under remote, modified instruction for the remainder of the semester as approved by SACSCOC. Again, there will be no face-to-face instruction for the remainder of the spring 2020 academic semester.
- The campus will not host any formal on-campus assemblies and convocations for the remainder of the spring 2020 academic semester. Regarding Spring 2020 Commencement Convocation, the University remains optimistic that the curve will flatten, and we will welcome students and families back to campus to celebrate this hard-earned achievement. The campus community will be notified via official University channels should changes to commencement occur.
- The campus will also suspend participation in spring intercollegiate and/or intramural athletic competitions for the remainder of the spring 2020 academic semester.
For health-related questions, contact Betty White Health Center at (502) 597-6277.
For academic-related questions, students should contact their instructors, and faculty should contact their dean.
For general student-related questions, contact Dr. Pernella Deams at (502) 597-6283 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions related to student organizations and other activities, contact Katianna Yates at (502) 597-6785 or email@example.com.
For staff questions, contact the Office of Human Resources at (502) 597-6667 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For information technology questions, contact the IT Help Desk at (502) 597-7000 or email@example.com.
For campus facilities questions, contact Paul Cable at (502) 597-6429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For health, safety and environmental questions, contact Eric Robinson at (502) 597-6646 or email@example.com.
For student account questions, contact the Office of the Bursar at (502) 597-6278 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For campus safety and security questions, contact Chief Barbara Hayes at (502) 597-6878 or email@example.com.
For questions related to novel coronavirus, email COVID19@kysu.edu.