September 2021 HEERF Funding
- Kentucky State University signed and returned the ‘Recipient’s Funding Certification
and Agreement’ for the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus
Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act on April 11th, 2020.
- Kentucky State University received $686,039.00 under Section 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES
Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. This amount represents
50% of the Kentucky State University’s total allotment under the legislation.
- As of September 2021, $686,039 has been disbursed to students.
- Kentucky State University estimates over 1,000 students are currently eligible to
participate in programs under Section 484 in the Title IV of the Higher Education
Act of 1965.
- As of September 2021, 1,658 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant
under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The Kentucky State University’s methodology for distributing funds under the CARES
- All full-time Pell eligible students are able to apply for funds through the Student
Financial Aid Office’s website. The application will collect the following information:
(1) Name, (2) KSU Student ID Number, (3)Phone Number, (4) Physical Address, (5) KSU
Email Address, (6) Confirmation that students is currently enrolled and attending
KSU during the current semester, (7) Demographic Information, (8) Financial Literacy
Survey, and (9) Certification of Request.
- All eligible students who complete the application and associated financial training
will receive a predetermined allocation based upon information verified within their
- Eligible undergraduate students were awarded an award ranging from $75.00 to $250.00.
Additional funding can be sought out via the KSU Foundation COVID 19 Emergency Relief
Fund and The CARES Funding – Student Relief Fund Panel.