April 2021 HEERF Funding
- Kentucky State University signed and returned the ‘Recipient’s Funding Certification and Agreement’ for the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act on April 11th, 2020.
- Kentucky State University received $686,039.00 under Section 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. This amount represents 50% of the Kentucky State University’s total allotment under the legislation.
- As of April 15, 2021, $686,039.00 has been distributed to students.
- Kentucky State University estimates over 1,000 students are currently eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in the Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
- As of April 15, 2021, 1,658 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The Kentucky State University’s methodology for distributing funds under the CARES Act:
- All full-time Pell eligible students are able to apply for funds through the Student Financial Aid Office’s website. The application will collect the following information: (1) Name, (2) KSU Student ID Number, (3)Phone Number, (4) Physical Address, (5) KSU Email Address, (6) Confirmation that students is currently enrolled and attending KSU during the current semester, (7) Demographic Information, (8) Financial Literacy Survey, and (9) Certification of Request.
- All eligible students who complete the application and associated financial training will receive a predetermined allocation based upon information verified within their application.
- Eligible undergraduate students were awarded an award ranging from $75.00 to $250.00. Additional funding can be sought out via the KSU Foundation COVID 19 Emergency Relief Fund and The CARES Funding – Student Relief Fund Panel.