Kentucky State University 10 Student Commitments in Response to COVID-19
- The Governor has not yet reopened the Commonwealth of Kentucky, so the May 8 graduation
date is postponed. Commencement will be confirmed upon the first available date following
the Governor's directives.
- Graduates: Please use the following link to order your cap and gowns: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1069847/Kentucky-State-University/
- Don’t miss out on our Spring 2020 Cap Decorating Contest! For official rules, visit
Decorate Your Graduation Cap. Email photos of your decorated graduation cap to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and Student ID in the email. Cash prizes and a grand
winner will be announced at Commencement.
- Kentucky State University will hold a special online congratulatory event for all
graduates and will also participate in the national HBCU commencement celebration.
Please note that neither of these events will replace our actual commencement.
- Students whose housing is not covered by institutional aid, will receive a 25 percent
- For continuing students who meet the requirements, funds will be applied to your account
for the Fall 2020 semester. For Spring 2020 graduates and transfer students who meet
the criteria, you will have a check mailed. Transfer students will be verified after
the University’s official census date in the Fall 2020 semester.
- The university has extended the course withdrawal date from March 27, 2020 to April
- The Pass/Fail grading option has been approved as a choice that students can select
for the Spring 2020 semester.
- The Bred’s Scholastic Rectitude Panel has been established to handle all Spring 2020
academic appeals to ensure impartiality and integrity.
- An online form will be available here on Friday, May 1, 2020 outlining guidelines and deadlines.
- Take the courses you need online this summer to help meet your degree requirements.
- Now offering a reduced rate of $333/per course.
- Classes start May 30, 2020. Register with your advisor today!
- A calendar will be released for residence hall move out once interstate travel is
reactivated by the Governor of Kentucky.
- The move out schedule will help to ensure that social distancing is practiced and
all Thorobreds have a safe experience.
- KSU Cares will advise the campus community on the distribution of any federal COVID-19
relief funds for student support.
- Students may be able to receive funding for the Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring
2021 based on requirements.
- During this COVID-19 nationwide pandemic, we realize that you may have mail or packages
that were sent to campus. If you have mail or packages that you need forwarded to
your home or alternate address, please use this link to provide your preferred forwarding address.
- As you gear up for Summer and Fall 2020 you will need to schedule an advising/registration
appointment with your academic advisor.
- Please ensure you get in contact with your advisor today to schedule your appointment.
- If you do not know who your advisor is, please contact Mrs. Krissalyn Love (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Fall 2020 housing deposit will be reduced to a rate of $100.
- New electronic housing application for the 2020-2021 school year will be available
Friday, April 24, 2020 here.
- All students who complete their 2020-2021 FAFSA, housing applications, and Fall 2020
course registration by Friday, May 1, 2020 will be entered into a raffle to WIN one
of 18 prizes. One of the 18 prizes will be chosen for the CASH GRAND PRIZE!