Kentucky State University COVID-19 Self-screening Process
Kentucky State University is instituting a required daily, electronic COVID-19 self-screening process for its campus community to help reduce the risk of transmission. All campus visitors, vendors, and contractors will be subject to this process, and required to implement similar measures with their employees.
Personal responsibility will be critical to our success as a campus community. We expect those with access to Kentucky State campus to engage in practices that promote the health, safety, and wellbeing of the entire Kentucky State community.
In accordance with CDC business guideline recommendations, and the Kentucky Department of Public Health, Kentucky State is implementing a COVID-19 self-screening process for the entire campus community. Individuals will complete and log their results daily.
- The Kentucky State campus community will have a daily temperature check and record results.
- Individuals will answer the following questions daily:
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, please notify Health Services at (502) 597-6277 for further review.
- If your temperature is 99.9 F or greater, you will not be allowed on campus and advised to return home and contact your primary care physician for further screening.
- If you answer yes to any of the questions, you will not be able to access campus and must contact your immediate supervisor. The supervisor will review the question results and make recommendations for exclusion from campus and advise you to follow up with a primary care provider.
- If you answer no to all questions, you will be admitted to campus and encouraged to practice strong infection control practices to include:
- Do not come to work when sick.
- Wear a cloth face mask on campus at all times, to the greatest extent practicable.
- Cover cough or sneeze with an elbow or tissue, then place tissue in trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Keep 6 feet between yourself and other people (social distancing).