Board of Regents
The Kentucky State University Board of Regents is the governing body of Kentucky State University. The Board consists of 11 members, including a staff representative, student representative, faculty representative, and eight Governor-appointed members (see KRS 164.321 here).
The Student Government Association President serves as the Student Regent for one academic year and replaced by his/her successor.
There are seven Board committees: Academic Affairs, Brand Identity and University Relations, Executive and Audit, Finance and Administration, Governance, Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations, and Student Engagement and Campus Life. Board members chair and serve on these committees. Board committees publicly meet the morning of full Board meetings. Members of the Board of Regents include:
- Dr. Gerald Patton (2028), Chair
- Dr. Herman Walston (2025), Vice-Chair & Faculty Regent
- Mr. Michael Adams Jr. (2024)
- Ms. Tammi Dukes (2027)
- Mr. Edward Fields (2022), Staff Regent
- Dr. Ernie Fletcher (2023)
- Mr. Edward Hatchett, Esq. (2025)
- Mr. Jason Moseley (2026)
- Dr. Charles Moyer (2027)
- Mr. Robert Ramsey Sr. (2028)
- Mr. Savion Briggs (2023), Student Regent