MPA Admission Requirements
We are looking for graduate students of exceptional quality who have the analytical, leadership and communication skills necessary to succeed in a career in public service.
All individuals applying to the MPA program must supply the following information:
- An Application for Admission – we accept applications year round.
- Official undergraduate transcripts confirming a bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Essay/Statement of Goals/Career Objective – include relevant personal and professional experiences that led you to pursue an MPA degree; briefly discuss research interest in an area of public administration; describe academic and future career goals; and include examples of volunteer work, positions of responsibility, and life experiences that have contributed to interest in public service.
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Application Fee – $30.00 for U.S. applicants; $100.00 for International applications (U.S. funds)
Students who were previously enrolled in the Master of Public Administration program at Kentucky State University and who wish to resume enrollment after not attending for two or more years, and students returning from suspension must provide the following:
- An application for re-admission
- Re-Admission Application Fee