Interlibrary Loan Policy Guide
- Faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students are welcome to request item(s) via the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service at Blazer Library. Library users who would like to request ILL must be currently affiliated with Kentucky State University and registered as a library patron in the Library’s Voyager system.
- Faculty, staff, and students with overdue items or outstanding fines: Interlibrary Loan requests cannot be processed unless overdue items are returned or fines are cleared
- Interlibrary Loan requests are usually processed within 24 hours (except weekends and holidays) upon receipt by Blazer Library’s ILL personnel. However, patrons will be notified by e-mail or phone for any request not processed due to fees, incomplete citations, copyright, or other issues.
- Please plan in advance whenever requesting an Interlibrary Loan item, if at all possible. It is advised to allow around 2 weeks time from the date of processing for receipt of your requested material
- Interlibrary Loan forms for book or article requests are available. Please provide bibliographical information on the item, your name, email address, and phone number.
Book Request Form Article Request Form
Patrons may fill out paper forms which are located at Blazer Library’s Circulation Desk
- Please handle books on loan from other libraries with care to avoid damage and possible damage fees.
- The owning library’s overdue fees or other charges for their damaged or lost items may be applied to the patron or the academic department unless other arrangements have been made.
- A specific arrival time for an Interlibrary Loan item cannot be guaranteed due to factors beyond Blazer Library’s control, such as hard-to-find or high-in-demand items from other libraries, delayed mail or courier delivery, follow up on possible fees , or other issues that may affect the arrival time.
- The due date of a borrowed Interlibrary Loan item (ILL item from another library) is set by the owning library, not Blazer Library. Please adhere to the due date, returning the item to Blazer Library by the due date as noted on the item.
- Renewals may be allowed depending on the Interlibrary Loan policies of the owning library. If a renewal request is desired, please make the request a week prior to the due date by e-mail or call Blazer Library at 502 597-6881. If a renewal request is approved by the owning library, the patron will be informed by Blazer Library via email of the new due date
For general inquiries, please contact the Head of Collection Management Services via email or call 502 597-6860.