The work of the Internationalization Task Force (ITF) is crucial as KSU moves forward with its internationalization agenda. Its role is to develop and begin to implement a plan to internationalize the curriculum, support international efforts of faculty, staff, and students, and to develop strategic alliances in the community.
The term of service begins immediately and extends through the 2011-12 academic year, whereupon the permanent IAC is formed. Members may or may not continue service on the IAC.
1. Develop an International Task Force Recommendation for Campus Internationalization, presented to the President and Provost by the end of the 2011-2012 academic year. The document should include a strategic plan of action for all matters pertaining to comprehensive campus internationalization and recommend parameters and charge for a permanent International Advisory Council.
2. Carry out the following preliminary charge (and review this charge itself for the permanent IAC):
· Support, assist with, and develop internationalization efforts at KSU.
- Provide counsel and advice to the Provost and Assistant Vice President for International Affairs on efforts to internationalize the university.
- Advise on processes, procedures, policies and resources that increase the international engagement of students, faculty, and staff. This includes study abroad, research, curricular and co-curricular programs, outreach, recruitment, retention, etc.
- Advise on the policies, procedures, effectiveness, safety, and general quality of study abroad programs, including exploring ways to increase the participation and identifying areas where efforts should be concentrated for the greatest benefit.
- Advise on the KSU policies, procedures, and programming that affect the recruitment and retention of international students.
- Promote external support for international initiatives.
- Represent the interests of the area and/or college that the ITF member represents, and regularly report activities to his/her direct supervisor and/or dean.
- Work closely with other liaisons to help foster an atmosphere of cooperation between all units of the university.
- Assist with administration and distribution of the Global Thorobred Award.
As of Spring 2012, term expiring at end of 2012-13 Academic Year
The composition of KSU’s ITF includes the Assistant Vice President for International Affairs (Chair), one representative from each college appointed upon consultation with the Dean, two additional representatives from the Land Grant Division (one to reflect its research mission, the other its outreach mission), and a few other academic areas deemed critical to the efforts to internationalize the campus.
Dr. Chi Shen
College of Mathematics, Science, Technology, and Health Representative
Dr. Tierra Freeman
College of Arts, Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies Representative
Dr. Christopher Daniel
College of Professional Studies Representative
Dr. Edwin Conner
Whitney Young School of Honors Representative
Dr. Cynthia Shelton
Africana Studies, and International Studies Minor Representative
Dr. Albert Assibeh Mensah
College of Business Representative
Dr. Michael Bomford
Ms. Jennifer Hubbard-Sanchez
Ms. Victoria Burke
College of Agriculture, Food Science and Sustainable Systems/Division of Land Grant Representatives