Kentucky State University seeks an experienced dynamic leader as the Chair of the School of Nursing/ Assistant Dean of the College of Professional Studies. KSU seeks a full-time 12 month Assistant or Associate Professor in Nursing for their ADN and RN-BSN programs. Our nursing program is in the process of creating a BSN program and a DNP program. We hope to begin enrolling students for the DNP and BSN programs beginning in the fall 2014 semester. The Chair of the School of Nursing provides leadership for the School of Nursing.
The Chair of the School of Nursing/ Assistant Dean of the College of Professional Studies is a part of the leadership team for the College or Professional Studies. The Chair of the School of Nursing/ Assistant Dean of the College of Professional Studies will assist, advise, and represent the Dean in academic and administrative matters. The position is a 12-month appointment that will include faculty rank.
The Chair of the School of Nursing/ Assistant Dean of the College of Professional Studies works in all ways to ensure that quality nursing programs are provided to students and is an important liaison in communicating and collaborating with administrators, faculty, students, and other constituents of the University. The Chair of the School of Nursing/ Assistant Dean of the College of Professional Studies prepares the budget for the School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This person will be responsible for institutional effectiveness including the following:
- Be the academic and administrative leader of the School of Nursing.
- Facilitate the accomplishment of the scholarships of teaching, research, creative, and scholarly activities.
- Maintain effective relationships with alumni and relevant internal and external constituents.
- Facilitate the expansion and growth of the School of Nursing in congruence with the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Function as chief fiscal and personnel manager of the unit.
- Be responsible for all cooperative programs involving the School of Nursing and other units of the University.
- Represent the School, formally and informally, to the University, community and the world.
- Oversee academic, research, and practice and service programs with other agencies.
- Oversee evaluation of faculty and staff.
- Facilitate faculty development and resources for the use of technology in education, practice, and research.
- Facilitate the presence of faculty as presenters and organizational leaders at local, national, and international levels.
- Facilitate implementation of the unit and university diversity plans.
- Develop and advance the School of Nursing strategic plan in concert with that of the university.
- Implement an Evaluation Plan for the School of Nursing.
- Be responsible for such additional duties as may be assigned.
The Chair of the School of Nursing/ Assistant Dean of the College of Professional Studies reports to the Dean of the College of Professional Studies.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: A terminal degree is required.
Experience: 5 years related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possess the Master of Science degree in Nursing and a doctoral degree in nursing or related field;
- Be eligible for licensure in Kentucky
- Have experience with nursing accreditation, fiscal and personnel management, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment, fostering consensus and collaboration among faculty and staff
- A thorough knowledge of the nursing profession
- A thorough understanding of nursing programs and with accreditation guidelines of relevant accrediting bodies
- Innovative Educator
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Budgeting experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with University administrators, faculty, staff, and students
- Effective interpersonal skills and sensitivity to issues affecting a wide range of constituencies
- An understanding of compliance issues that affect delivery of quality educational services in the area of nursing
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- No or very limited physical effort required
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic program at Kentucky State University, please send your letter of interest, CV, and 3 references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until filled. Thank you for your interest in Kentucky State University.