You will be notified of your admission status upon receipt of the following:
1. Application for Admission with $30 or $100 for international applicants (U.S. funds) non-refundable fee. Fee must be made payable to Kentucky State University in the form of a money order, cashier's check or certified check. On-line Admission
2. Updated resume.
3. Three graduate recommendations (or letters of recommendation).
4. Typewritten statement of goals and career objective.
5. Official transcript if you are not a Kentucky State University graduate.
Applications must be received by July 1, for the fall semester; November 1, for the spring semester; and April 15 for the summer session. Applications for international students must be on file in the Office of Graduate Studies at least three (3) months before the beginning of the semester in which a student intends to enroll in the Public Administration program.
There are several ways of financing your graduate study. The School of Public Administration has graduate assistantships that are awarded on the basis of merit and need. Applications for assistantships are accepted for fall and spring semesters only and must be submitted to the Chair, School of Public Administration. Applications for loans and part-time employment must be made through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Counseling and Placement helps students find employment. Veterans benefits are processed through the Office of Records and Registration. Application for Graduate Assistantship.
International students residing outside the United States must complete their application file at least three (3) months before the beginning of the semester in which they intend to enroll before an admissions decision can be rendered. Additional requirements:
(1) A TOEFL score of at least 525 is required if the applicant's bachelor degree is not from a U.S. university;
(2) Have a grade point average of 3.0 in undergraduate coursework on transcript with English translation;
(3) Demonstrate, via Declaration of Certification of Finance, that sufficient funds are available to finance planned course of study;
(5) To transfer from another American university to Kentucky State University, the applicant must submit a copy of the I-20-ID (Student) Copy.
If you have questions or need additional information, do not hesitate to call 502-597-6117 or 597-6664 or FAX 502-597-5931.