WELCOME TO A COMMUNITY OF BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS
You are joining a community of business professionals. Each of us at the School of Business strives toward the goal of academic and professional excellence. Achieving this goal will take effort from each of us. Part of your contribution to this important goal is adopting a professional demeanor throughout your educational experience. A professional:
- Comes to class meetings on time, prepared, alert, and participates in class activities.
- Shows respect to faculty, staff, and fellow students by being polite and non-confrontational.
- Does not disrupt class business by leaving the classroom before the end of the class period.
- Does not disrupt class business by bringing and using cell phones, pagers, text messengers or other electronic devices.
- Does not interfere with another’s right to participate in discussion uninterrupted by conversation or inappropriate laughter.
- Dresses appropriately.
- Presents work on the due date in professional form. (Printed, neat, stapled, and with pages in order).
- Does not steal intellectual property by plagiarizing and/or copying another’s work.
Membership in a community of business professionals brings privilege as well as responsibility. Therefore, in order to preserve the learning atmosphere of our Professional School and respect the rights of our students, class members who do not adhere to these professional standards may be dismissed from class, or withdrawn from School of Business courses.