Special Instructions for International Students:
The University welcomes admission inquiries from international students. International students should have complete admission applications on file three months before the beginning of the semester in which they intend to enroll.
The international student must submit the following:
- An application for admission with a $100.00 (nonrefundable) payment.
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); minimum scores of 525 (paper) and 173 (computer)
- Official transcripts in English with translation certified
Upon receipt of the official letter of acceptance, the international student must prove his/her ability to meet college expenses by one of the following means:
1) an award of a full scholarship or similar financial aid covering tuition, room, and board.
2) a confirmation deposit of $3,500 (US). A student may use a maximum of 65% of the $3,500 deposit to pay the first semester’s tuition and fees. The balance will remain on account until the student graduates or withdraws from Kentucky State University.
In addition to meeting one of the above requirements, the international student must complete a Declaration and Certification of Finances form to qualify for an Immigration Form (I-20) to be sent by KSU.
Non-English transcripts and certificates must be accompanied by an accredited evaluation and translation from an appropriate agency. This evaluation does not guarantee admission to Kentucky State University or acceptance of credits.