WHO ARE NON-TRADITIONAL STUDENTS?
- Non-traditional students:
- Regularly live off campus;
- May be a parent (regardless of age);
- May be single, married, widowed or divorced;
- May be military veterans;
- Assume multiple roles: parent, spouse, caregiver, and/or employee, in addition to attending classes;
- May be 25 years old or older;
- May be resuming or have begun studies after a period of employment or working from their home; OR…
- May be going through a transition such as a career change.
We are here to support you, so please stop by to talk with us about your status as a non-traditional student.
Faculty/ Staff Brochure
HOW CAN FRIENDS HELP?
The program is designed to help you identify and utilize campus and off-campus resources that lead to student success. We offer support and guidance to non-traditional and commuter students. In addition, students will discover effective strategies that build confidence and promote balance between school, work, and family responsibilities.
WHAT SUPPORT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH FRIENDS?
- Study groups
- Computer-aided instruction
- Academic and life skills workshops
- Peer support/networking
- Special events (student and family friendly activities)
- Info. about campus and community services (such as, state certified day care and health services)
- Info. about non-traditional student scholarships and grants
- Info. about national associations for non-traditional students in college
Fall 2006 Newsletter
THE COMFORTS OF FRIENDS
- Quiet study room
- Kitchenette for warming and eating meals
- Computers and printer
- Fax Machine
- Copy Machine